What is a Binding Tariff Information?
People may receive binding tariff information to be used in import and export formalities through Turkish Customs. The purpose of using binding tariff information is to determine import and export duties, calculation of all payments for import and export including export refunds under the agricultural policy, using an import, export or preliminary licenses granted when conducting customs formalities for registration of customs declaration belonging to goods provided that it was included in the tariff information.
Besides this document is used for;
- accurate and uniform practice of classification rules and accurate and fair practice on foreign traders,
- acceleration of customs formalities, facilitation of international trade as much as possible and reduction of cost in foreign trade,
- reduction of conflicts between traders and the customs office due to tariff positions of goods,
- provision of legally valid, official information regarding the Turkish Customs Tariff Classification of goods to foreign traders,
- allowing anticipation of profitability and practicability of international trade before getting in action.
- The application for binding tariff information shall be done to the affiliated customs and enforcement office and completed by it.
- The binding tariff information shall be valid for 6 years from the issuing date.