Social Compliance Policy
Acting with the principle “Human First” at all stages of Customs Clearance Services and management and fulfilling the Legal Requirements thereof,
Birleşik Customs Brokerage has been striving to completely fulfil its obligations towards the society, the environment and its employees since 1985 when it was established. Birleşik Customs Brokerage supports this effort with its “Human-Oriented Perspective” in accordance with its social responsibility policy and acts in accordance with its corporate principles with the confidence from its experience of more than 30 years.
To ensure its employees to provide services as individuals who are sensitive to the social environment
Birleşik Customs Brokerage has the goal and mission to add to its organisation a human resource with a vision supporting modern and contemporary life that adheres to the cultural and social values of the society in which it exists.
To develop environmentally respectful business processes and projects, thus ensuring sustainable development
It is our basic goal to establish an inhabitable ecosystem in this world where natural resources are depleted, living spaces are restricted and the damage to the environment incrementally increase day by day. With the belief that corporations must fulfil their parts in order to leave a more inhabitable world to the next generations, Birleşik Customs Brokerage works to regulate its business models and processes in an environmentally sensitive manner, to make its employees conscious and support any non-governmental organisations that carry out their operations to protect the wildlife.
Birleşik Customs Brokerage has adopted the following policies in accordance with this goal: It undertakes:
Prevention of Child Labour: To act in compliance with the principles and methods of the employment of child and young labour and not to employ people under 18 years of age.
- Prevention of Forced and Mandatory Employment: Not to employ contract-bound, forced or involuntary employees.
- Provision of Occupational Health and Safety: To adopt a proactive approach basing on risk analysis; to ensure that all employees attend occupational health and safety practices; and to adopt a working system that prioritise the overall health of the employees.
- Respect for Freedom of Organisation and Collective Bargaining Right: To respect the employees’ right to be a member of any labour union which they wish or anticipate when necessary and for their right to make collective bargaining.
- Prevention of Discrimination: To employ people on the basis of their capability to do work but not discriminating them on the basis of their race, colour, language, ethnic origin, political view, civil status, age, pregnancy or gender; further, to carry out waging, social benefits and promotion accordingly.
- Discipline / Prevention of Ill-Treatment and Harassment: To respect the personality and honour of each employee; not to apply corporate punishment; and not to allow any verbal, physical or psychological harassment or coercion.
- Determination of Working Hours: To comply with any laws and regulations in effect in the determination of the working hours and with the volunteering principle in overtime work.
- Wages and Payments: To make the payments for regular and overtime works stipulated by laws and collective labour contract; to provide its employees with any social benefits as determined in the collective labour contract.
- Prevention of Environmental Contamination: To comply with the environmental regulations in effect; to prevent the environmental contamination and reduce contamination at its source on the basis of the environmental aspects and impact assessment.
- Compliance with Customs Regulations: To comply with any and all customs-related local and international regulations in effect; to take measures compliant with such regulations which will prevent illegal shipment of any products it produces.
- Taking of Safety Measures: To ensure any unnotified goods which will violate safety (drugs, explosives, biological substances and smuggled goods) not to take place in its shipments.
- Relations with Suppliers: To assess the social compliance activities of the companies ith which it does business; to track the assessment results via action plans and incrementally elevate their social compliance levels.
- Management System: To implement its social compliance, occupational health and safety and environmental management activities in compliance with the laws and regulations in effect, with the workplace codes of conduct of our clients and with a management system compliant with the voluntarily applied ISO 9001 QMS, ISO 14001 EMS, ISO 18001 OHSMS, ISO 27001 ISMS and ISO 37001 ABMS Standards and to ensure its permanency and continuously improve it.
CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS